Meet the Team
President/ Head Trainer
- In September 2005, Jennie Fuller became a certified Police K9 Instructor and Professional Obedience Trainer. This certificate includes, professional obedience and behavior modification, police patrol, narcotics and explosives detection, man trailing and SAR.
- She personally trained and handled k9 Massima (German Shepherd) for man trailing/SAR.
- They completed 40 hours of trailing/tracking/cadaver/ and air scenting at an EMS work shop in Virginia.
- They also trained with the REDS SAR team located in Garner.
- Jennie personally trained and handled Belgian Malinois, k9 Lester, for narcotics detection.
- She is a certified CGC evaluator.
- Her dog, Bogie, (Boxer/Pit) is a certified CGC that’s currently training for his NW1 title.
- Jennie is also a member of the Association of Pet Dog Trainers
- Fostered for Independent Animal Rescue, and the Australian Shepherd Rescue. *Peoples love and awareness of their dogs’ need for structure and exercise has allowed Jennie to follow her passion of training dogs and educating the community.
- Personally trains and handles K9 Chesni and K9 Lapua in Man Trailing.
Boarding School Trainer
I have enjoyed being around dogs my whole life. When I first saw Top dog opening in Hillsborough I thought it would be a great place to take my k9 Shadow. I did the group obedience class with Shadow. When she passed that I later certified her in CGC. After doing all that training I realized that I would love to work at Top dog. I started out as a day school training then slowly worked my way up to a boarding school trainer. While at Top Dog I have also been training my two dogs k9 Shadow (Shepherd) and K9 Tyger (Dutch shepherd) for man trailing. While I do love training all the boarding school students my real passion is working with my dogs in man trailing.
- Born in Newark, Ohio
- Joined the Marine Corp in 1993
- While in the Corp he received the National Defense Medal, The Good Conduct Medal, and the Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal
- He was a Firearms Instructor
- Member of the Nuclear Weapons Team
- In 1998 he became a Correctional Officer in which he supervised State Inmates and worked as an Officer-in Charge supervising staff and inmates.
- He was an Unarmed Self-Defense Instructor
- Maintenance Officer
- In 2013 Steve started his own Furniture Restoration business
- He noticed Top Dog open just a few doors down from where he lives and had to apply because he loves dogs. Steve has been an invaluable part of the Top Dog Team since April 2016.