Boarding and Reservation Contract
This is a contract between Top Dog Training & Resort and the Pet Owner.
Top Dog Training & Resort agrees to exercise due and reasonable care, and to keep the kennel premises sanitary and properly enclosed. The pet(s) is (are) to be fed properly and regularly, and to be housed in clean, safe quarters, for this visit and ALL future visits.
Owner specifically represents that the pet has not contracted, nor been exposed to, any contagious disease, including rabies, distemper, parvovirus, or bordatella within a thirty day period prior to boarding.
All pets are boarded or otherwise handled or cared for by Top Dog Training & Resort staff without liability on Top Dog Training and Resorts part for loss or damage from disease, natural disaster, theft, fire, death, escape, injury or harm to persons, other pets or property by said pets, or for other unavoidable causes, due diligence and care having been exercised.
Owner agrees to pay Top Dog Training & Resort per night per pet for such boarding. The balance will be collected upon the pick-up of the pet(s). Any miscellaneous charges for services desired by owner will be due upon pick-up as well. Owner further agrees that pet(s) shall not leave the facility until all charges are paid to Top Dog Training & Resort by owner. Top Dog Training & Resort shall have, and is hereby granted a lien on the pet(s) for any and all unpaid charges resulting from training pet(s) at the facility.
If the pet(s) become ill, or if the state of the pet’s health otherwise requires professional attention, the Staff, in its sole discretion, may engage the services of a veterinarian of its choosing, or administer medicine, or give other requisite attention to the animal, and the expenses thereof shall be paid by Owner.
It is understood by Staff and Owner that all provisions of this Contract shall be binding upon both parties thereunto for this visit and for all subsequent visits. This contract contains the entire agreement between two parties.
Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this contract, or the breach thereof, or as the result of any claim or controversy involving the alleged negligence by any party to this contract, shall be settled by arbitration in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association, and judgment upon the reward rendered by an arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall, as part of his award, determine an award to the prevailing party of the costs of such arbitration and reasonable attorney’s fees of the prevailing party.
Your reservation is guaranteed by verbal agreement. If you need to cancel the service, a 48 hour notice is required to avoid penalties. We accept personal checks (made out to Top Dog Training) or cash or credit/ debit cards please.
- PLEASE PROVIDE Vaccination Records to show proof your pet is up to date on the following: DHPP (The annual vaccine), Rabies, Bordatella (Kennel Cough), and Flea/Tick Prevention. They can be e- mailed ahead of time if you wish, or we can make copies at the time of the drop off. We cannot accept any dogs into our facility that do not have proof of these vaccinations. This is to ensure all of our client’s dogs are protected.
- Dry Dog Food. Keeping your pet on the food they get at home helps keep their digestive system balanced. Switching foods can cause upset stomachs and loose stools. Please make sure enough food is supplied for the length of time they will be visiting. Each meal should be placed individually in a plastic bag with your dog’s name on the bags. We do not have room to store large Tupperware containers so please bring the food in a gym-like bag. Please let us know if your pet has a special diet or feeding instructions. There is a $1.00 per meal fee if we have to mix 2 or more items (ex: yogurt, canned food, etc). This includes foods requiring refrigeration (raw diet, treats).
- Any medicine your pet needs: Flea/Tick Prevention, Heartworm, Antibiotics, Supplements, Ointments, etc….There is no extra charge to administer meds. All meds must be in the original prescription bottle with the correct dosage instructions. A supplement or over the counter medication must be in the original bottle as well. Medication not in the original bottle with the correct dosage cannot be accepted. This is a state regulation.
- A deposit in the amount of $50.00 non-refundable deposit is required at drop off for boarding school and/ or during holidays. The balance is due upon picking up your pet.
- Any of your pet’s favorite things: Treats, towels, blankets, etc. We have plenty of food and water bowls. Please do NOT bring anything of sentimental value as we would feel terrible if something happened to it. Some beds may not fit in the kennels.
- Worming Dogs can carry worms from puppy hood throughout their lives. Their immune systems keep them dormant most of the time, along with preventative worming. We recommend having your dog wormed before arriving. If your dog is on Heart guard Plus, or Interceptor, your dog is already being wormed monthly, so no further action is needed. Preventive worming does not guarantee your dog against worms, but should kill any adults your dog is currently carrying.
- If your dog becomes ill, we will contact you and your vet. In case of an emergency or if it’s after hours, we will transport your fur kid to the emergency vet.
- Special Handling If your dog is found to need special handling instructions, such as people aggressive, there will be a $5 per night surcharge to the boarding rate. If your pet develops an issue during their stay, you will be notified immediately so we may handle your dog accordingly.