Top Dog Training & Resort
Thank you for choosing Top Dog Training and Resort for your pet’s care. We look forward to spending quality time together and furthering your pet’s education. Listed below is your reservation information, a list of things to bring to make your pet comfortable, and directions. Please let us know if you have any further questions by contacting us at the number or e-mail
Address: 105 Higbee St, Durham, NC 27704
Phone #: 919-423-8954
Website: www.topdogtrainingandresort.com s listed above. We appreciate your business and promise to treat your pet like part of our family.
Your reservation is guaranteed by verbal agreement. If you need to cancel the service, a 48 hour notice is required to avoid penalties. We accept personal checks (made out to Top Dog Training) or cash or credit/ debit cards please.
- PLEASE PROVIDE Vaccination Records to show proof your pet is up to date on the following: DHPP (The annual vaccine), Rabies, Bordatella (Kennel Cough), and Flea/Tick Prevention. They can be e- mailed ahead of time if you wish, or we can make copies at the time of the drop off. We cannot accept any dogs into our home that do not have proof of these vaccinations. This is to ensure all of our client’s dogs are protected.
- Dry Dog Food. Keeping your pet on the food they get at home helps keep their digestive system balanced. Switching foods can cause upset stomachs and loose stools. Please make sure enough food is supplied for the length of time they will be visiting. Each meal should be placed individually in a plastic bag with your dog’s name on the bags. We do not have room to store large Tupperware containers so please bring the food in a gym-like bag. Please let us know if your pet has a special diet or feeding instructions. There is a $1.00 per meal fee if we have to mix 2 or more items (ex: yogurt, canned food, etc). This includes foods requiring refrigeration (raw diet, treats).
- Any medicine your pet needs: Flea/Tick Prevention, Heartworm, Antibiotics, Supplements, Ointments, etc….There is no extra charge to administer meds. All meds must be in the original prescription bottle with the correct dosage instructions. A supplement or over the counter medication must be in the original bottle as well. Medication not in the original bottle with the correct dosage cannot be accepted. This is a state regulation.
- A deposit in the amount of $0.00 is required at drop off for boarding school and/ or during holidays. The balance is due upon picking up your pet.
- Any of your pet’s favorite things: Treats, towels, blankets, etc. We have plenty of food and water bowls. Please do NOT bring anything of sentimental value as we would feel terrible if something happened to it. Some beds may not fit in the kennels.
- Worming Dogs can carry worms from puppy hood throughout their lives. Their immune systems keep them dormant most of the time, along with preventative worming. We recommend having your dog wormed before arriving. If your dog is on Heart guard Plus, or Interceptor, your dog is already being wormed monthly, so no further action is needed. Preventive worming does not guarantee your dog against worms, but should kill any adults your dog is currently carrying.
- If your dog becomes ill, we will contact you and your vet. In case of an emergency or if it’s after hours, we will transport your fur kid to the emergency vet.
- Special Handling If your dog is found to need special handling instructions, such as people aggressive, there will be a $5 per night surcharge to the boarding rate. If your pet develops an issue during their stay, you will be notified immediately so we may handle your dog accordingly.